Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beautiful Vintage Handkerchiefs

Constance Zimmer was so happy with her letterpress wedding invitations that she also had Joie Studio screenprint vintage handkerchiefs for her. (What, you didn't know Joie Studio can screenprint? Well, we've got lots of tricks up our sleeves! ) They were gifts for her girlfriends that she gave out at a pre-wedding event. As in letterpress printing, I am a bit of a control freak about color so I ended up hand mixing the screenprinting ink instead of just using what was available. There is something just so beautiful and delicate about a little cute message from a 2 year old on a vintage handkerchief with little bits of embroidery:



I rather wish I had remembered to screen one on some of the vintage handkerchiefs we have on hand here for projects so I would have a sample, but I have pictures at least! I hope you enjoyed and were inspired!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails