Friday, April 29, 2011

NSS Preview: Vintage Style Handkerchief Gift Set

This project has been sitting in the studio since last August, and I'm glad it is finally done! Awhile ago, I screenprinted by hand vintage style handkerchiefs with the beautifully romantic line from a classic Marlowe poem, "Come live with me and be my love." The handkerchiefs turned out beautifully. I letterpress printed the poem on a 4" x 6" piece of 100% cotton cardstock to accompany the handkerchief. I think this gift set makes a perfect anniversary gift for a first anniversary (paper) or second anniversary (cotton) especially, as a Valentine's Day gift, or for anyone who loves romantic poetry. It could also be part of an engagement. The possibilities are endless.

Here are some more pictures:





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

laura kate said...

hi there - i came across your blog while on the hunt for a place to get repro vintage scarves. i LOVE what you did with yours. really beautiful poem.

would you mind sharing where you found your lovely scarf? i'm at a loss for patterned ones.

THANKS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails