Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tagged!

So I've seen the tagging on other blogs, and I guess I should have known that eventually I would be tagged. Parsiri tagged me, and so, as I'm procrastinating on things I need to do today, here we go.

The rules:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm not a huge believer in keeping chains going, so I'm not going to tag more unsuspecting bloggers. But here we go with the 7 weird/random things:

1. I'm very good at languages. I was, at one point, quadrilingual. My first language is Vietnamese, my second English. In high school, I took three years of Japanese. In college, I took another two years of Japanese, studied abroad in Japan, and then studied German in Vienna, Austria. I'm way out of practice with the Japanese and German, but whenever we go to traveling, I tend to pick up the local accent and/or language pretty easily.

2. I love the beach, but I hate sand and I don't go to beaches in California. I am from Hawaii, and the beaches there are so much prettier than the beaches here. And as for sand, well, sand gets in to everything, and it's not so fun when it gets into everything.

3. My old roommate has songs on both Grey's Anatomy soundtracks. I used to live with Mike TV of Get Set Go, whose band has had some commercial success, selling a bunch of songs to TV shows, most notably Grey's Anatomy and Weeds. It was a trip and a half when I heard his song for the first time in the background while watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy. It was almost like he was in the next room over all over again, practicing his music.

4. I saw snow fall for the first time when I was 20. I was living in Vienna, Austria, at the time, and snow started falling. I grew up in Hawaii, and my parents had taken us up to see snow when we were little, but the snow was never falling at the time. I remember I was wearing a black down jacket, and when I looked down, I saw snowflakes. Perfectly formed snowflakes, like the snowflake designs you see. It was the most amazing experience to see these little pieces of beauty against black, art created by nature. To this day, I am still so moved whenever I see snow fall. My husband and I were staying at a cabin in Big Bear once, and one night Joel called me outside. It had started snowing, and in the moonlight and streetlight, it looked like glitter was floating from the sky.

5. I am secretly afraid that technology has passed me by. For many years, I was a web developer, and to this day I make websites, consult on backend architecture, and still have private clients that need me to tutor them in how to use computers. But my husband bought this fancy universal remote, and I have such trouble using it. And sometimes I feel stupid when I can't figure out the Garmin Nuvi he got me for my birthday.

6. I teach afterschool enrichment classes in Math and Debate for grades 7-12 a couple days a week. I was quite a good debater in my day, and was taking university math classes in high school. I do this to help pay for the money pit that is letterpress. Plus, the kids like me.

7. I own two cats named Jezebel and Sambora and a dog named Romeo. When the press is going, Jezebel supervises the printing while Sambora sleeps on the desk and Romeo guards the front of the press room.

Well, I'm hoping that you enjoyed this post! Now onto real work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I read that you got a new bigger standing press. If you ever decide to sell your Golding Official, I would be very interested in it. I live in a small one bedroom apartment in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and am on the hunt for a nice small working paten press. I know you would probably decide to keep your first press, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Minh ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails