Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September is a Laborious Month for Joie Studio

Whew! September is not even half over, and I know I still have so much to do. Unfortunately, this means I won't be taking any custom orders through the month of September and maybe half of October while I go into production for my holiday line of items.

Here's what I've been up to:
  • The mailing list for Joie Studio is now up and functional. I promise it will be a low-volume e-mail list, full of sales announcements, special events, and special offers for list members.
  • My holiday line of cards and gift items is almost done. I've been finalizing designs and sending them out for the plates to be made. So far, I've sent in over 225 square inches of design, and I'm not even a third of the way done!
  • Cleaning the Pearl and the room that it is in. Along with the Pearl, my husband, his friends, and I basically moved my half of our home office into my new work area. Organizing and putting everything in place has been a real chore.
  • Since it's a fact you can't print without paper, I've been getting paper cut down to size, sourcing more paper and envelopes, and searching for packaging supplies.
  • Joie Studio has been accepted as a vendor to Handmade for the Holidays on November 23rd and 24th. Yay! Now, it's the tricky business of figuring out exactly how much to bring to a 2-day, super huge craft fair like this one.

I'm going to put some previews of my holiday line throughout the month, as well as progress on getting the Pearl running. I'm hoping to do a test run this weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails