Monday, June 21, 2010

One of My Favorite Pasadena Places

Where is this? Pasadena friends would probably know, but it's Joie Studio's post office. What I really love about Los Angeles and surrounding areas are these neat historic buildings. Pasadena especially. Joie Studio used to be in Los Angeles, but I made it a point to keep our post office box here in Pasadena so I could come back often and see this:
I love the stained glass ceilings. It's really gorgeous. I was really sad when they had tarped everything for what seemed like YEARS and thought for sure that they were removing the glass from the ceiling. But luckily, the tarps came off and the stained glass is still there.

All the service windows are still the old school windows and signage:


Where Joie Studio's post office box is were windows where people used to pick up their mail. Only fitting that now they have boxes. I love that the US government kept all the details in this building, including the postmaster's office:
It's kind of weird, but if you have a moment while you're in Pasadena, stop into the Plaza post office right near Old Town and take a look. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's a gorgeous post office inside.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails