Sunday, May 13, 2007
Step 3: Testing the Letterpress
After I got the equipment to lock up my chase, I put some sample black ink that I received on the Golding Official and set out to calibrate the impression. I also tested out how printing on coated stock would turn out. I used a snail cut I had made awhile ago and printed on A7 Stardream quartz card (pictured above). It made for a very cute "snail mail" card!
On my second test run, I used metallic gold oil-based ink I had bought from Accent Ink and printed the set type Dave Churchman had sent me (pictured above). It turned out beautifully! Thanks again, Dave!
I also printed out parts of some other projects with the metallic gold, which I'll show later when they are done!