Sunday, August 5, 2007

Another Day, Another Press Run!

So for the second day in a row, I was printing on my letterpress from mid-afternoon into the night. It's around 1AM now and I am just putting my feet up for a moment before cleaning the press off. Whew!

Today I did just one color -- Paper Source's sage on Crane's Lettra for the wedding invitations that I'm working on right now. I've learned a couple lessons on setting the platen that I'll share with you once I get the second color on -- it'll be easier to see what I've devised in the chocolate brown ink I'm doing next.

But let me just say a word or two about Crane's Lettra. Every other letterpress blog has been raving about Lettra, but I was hesitant because, well, how could it be better than handmade paper? This is the first project I've really worked with the Lettra stock, and WOW I'm impressed with the results. The paper is super soft with a very nice texture, and it takes impression so well I'm only sorry I didn't figure this out sooner. And for the price, it's so worth it.

Now, back to the press to clean it off for the night so I can start bright and early in the morning! Pictures of the project soon, I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails