Monday, April 9, 2007

To New Beginnings!

So life sometimes takes you on unexpected, delightful turns. I have been angling for quite some time now to move my website design business to focus more on special event websites (large corporate parties, weddings, and the like), and that what Joie Studio was supposed to be: a separate brand for elegant, upscale special event websites. But a friend of mine put it in my head to take a letterpress class. I had already planned to take an art class of some sort, and I figured one art class was as good as another. I was hooked after the first session of letterpress classes at the Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena, California.

Since letterpress is a good complement to Joie's focus on special events, I've decided to encompass my letterpress work into Joie Studio for a one-stop shop for event design work. In the coming months, I'll be working on setting up Joie Studio, and I will share the progress on setting up shop and building out the Joie Studio website and online store, as well as new interesting web and letterpress designs from Joie and from other designers that I run across.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails