Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh, what to do about the slightly imperfect?

I'm almost done with my "Ladybug Luck" set, and I think they're coming out really nicely, almost exactly how I envisioned them!

I printed the ladybug in black and the wording in gold. I was going to letterpress the red shell on as well, but I didn't want to lose the emboss/deboss effect of the ladybug's black dots. So I decided to color them in by hand instead. I haven't colored by hand in a really long time, and staying in the lines was never my strong point, so there were a few that are just a tiny bit off...still passable, but I don't want to sell them as they're not up to my standard. But they're not bad enough to throw away or reuse as scrap or anything, so I'm in a quandary about what to do.

Here they are -- only slightly noticeable:


I'm thinking of putting them in a "Slightly Imperfect" basket at my open studio or maybe the next fair I go to and giving them out as freebies or something. I don't know. The bottom line is that I don't want the slightly imperfect to represent my work, but I don't want to just throw them away either! Oh, what to do?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jane hancock papers said...

We should have a slightly off swap, I'll send you a couple of my cards that aren't 100% like I want them to be and you send me those : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails