Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ink Vendor Question

I saw this question recently:

Hi Tina,I just got a Kelsey 5x8 from Craig at Don Black's Linecasting in Toronto, Canada. Unfortunately, the starter kit did not come with any ink or a cleaner. I've been reading and enjoying your blog for a while now, and was wonder if you can share with me where you purchase your inks and what you recommend to purchase for a first ink colour. Also, if there is a place I can order some califronia wash. Thank you (^_^)

I get my ink supplies from a couple places. Online, I like US Litho Supply, although I generally don't buy enough to warrant placing an online order. I got my initial supply of Van Son rubber based ink, a gallon of California Wash, and a couple other supplies from there. If I need one color or one or two supplies quickly, I stop by my friendly neighborhood Kelly Paper or even friendlier Keldon Paper. My absolute favorite place to get ink, however, is my local ink supplier Accent Ink. They only do oil based inks, but I get all my metallic inks from Accent, as well as my clients' special order custom inks.

As for first ink color, it might sound boring, but black is always a good place to start. Hope that helps!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails