Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

Okay, so today is Christmas eve, and I figure I would give my blog readers a little gift. Here is a video that I took recently of a print run of envelopes so you can see what the printing portion of letterpress entails. In this video (it's all of one minute, 46 seconds), you'll see me feeding envelopes into the press. It was actually a lot more effort than I thought it would be to take a video of myself. I had to find a tripod and set everything up so you can see what I'm doing. One of these days I'll do one where I'm actually talking, but for now, I hope you enjoy!

What I'm printing are envelopes for a recent custom letterpress order for Bourbon Steak Washington, DC. The press is running at my "usual" speed, and every now and then, you'll see me use the throw-off lever to throw-off the impression - usually when I misfeed or I'm "off-time." The plate, in case you're interested, is a magnesium plate mounted on wood, and the ink is a metallic bronze color. The envelopes are a gorgeous gold metallic.

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy holidays!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails