Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coming Soon...Wood Veneer Invitations!

A long long time ago, I tested out letterpress printing on wood. I loved it but never really had the time to price it out and add it to Joie Studio's repertoire. These past six months, I'm finally comfortable enough with the pricing and the results to offer wood veneer as an option for invitations. Wood veneer is now an upgrade option for custom design work and all Joie Studio designs, either flat printed or letterpress printed. We are offering birch, maple, aspen, red cedar, and birdseye maple as options. It's such a fun eco-friendly alternative - the wood is sustainably harvested, grown in the USA, and has been minimally processed, using no chemical or water to produce the wood veneer. Did you know it takes less wood to create wood veneer sheets than it does to create a similarly sized piece of cardstock (unless you're Joie Studio and use only 100% recycled, cotton, or bamboo cardstock, of course). I love that when I call my supplier, the response on inventory is, "Let me see if we have any of those logs." It really is straight from a tree.

I am going to officially debut our wood veneer invitations at the National Stationery Show in May, but hopefully by Friday I will be able to give you some sneak peeks of the wood veneer invitations.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails