Friday, April 18, 2008

Font-astic!

I've been wanting some sans-serif type for awhile to add a little bit of versatility to what I can handset here at the studio. I really wanted something like Century Gothic to complement my Century Schoolbook collection, but Century Gothic is a modern digital font that was made as an homage to Twentieth Century. (How's that for font geekiness? So much you can learn by Googling something.) Twentieth Century is okay, but not my favorite sans serif font.

Carrie pointed me towards Sans Serif Light, and I immediately fell in love with it. In desperate "I NEED IT NOW" love. So a bunch of emails to a bunch of people later, I am the proud new owner of 24pt Sans Serif Light, completely new and uninked. This font has not seen the light of day since it was cast in the late 20's or early 30's, which makes it even cooler to know that I was the first one to let the font see light since it was cast 80 years ago.

And here is what the font looks like:

I also found 12pt and it should be coming any day now, so I'm very excited to have these two fonts!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails