Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sakura Matsuri - Letterpress Cherry Blossoms

April is the month of cherry blossoms! In Japan I learned that Japanese families take the time during the cherry blossom festival to take time out, go on a picnic, and admire cherry blossoms. Isn't that just a lovely thought?

I spent all weekend working on the digital file of this sakura design. It printed perfectly today, thank goodness, so I'm jazzed and had to grab the camera and take a couple pictures. This is actually just the first part of the design, but I liked it so much as is that I'm leaving a bunch of them just like this as flat cards. We're having our own letterpress cherry blossom festival here at Joie Studio! They'll be going up in the Etsy shop as soon as they're done drying.





It's the first to be printed of my new collection! Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails