Monday, December 10, 2007

December 15th Charity Event to Benefit ALS

I wasn't going to do another craft event this holiday season because it's super time-consuming and I'm not yet done with holiday cards (GEESH). But when Dani, one of the organizers of this event, approached me to do this charity event to benefit ALS, I could not say no. My friend Brandon's mom died of ALS, and it's not a disease you would wish on anyone. We will be at this event in honor of Brandon and in memory of his mom. In addition, Joie Studio will be donating $1 for each item sold that day, at the event AND online in the Etsy shop, so I won't be offended at all if you all wait and shop on Saturday. HOWEVER, I won't be babying the Etsy site that day. If something that you want has sold or you want multiples of a certain item, just email me at shop[at]joiestudio.com with what you want on Saturday and if I still have it in stock, I will count that towards the ALS benefit. Following is the press release for the event. Spread the word!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Joie Studio is proud to be a participant in “Gifts from the Heart” holiday event to be held at a private estate in Calabasas, California, on Saturday, December 15, 2007. “Gifts from the Heart,” a holiday shopping event featuring an exclusive list of vendors, is geared towards shoppers who want to find one-of-a-kind gifts for men, women, children, and pets. Joie Studio will be joining Sugar and Spice Clothing, Lynnda Rakos, I See Spot, 1 of My Kind, Meadowmere Lane, Maureen & Kate Totes, Henry Road, and other vendors at this charity craft event.

Cheryl Wallengren, the creative genius behind Sugar and Spice Clothing, is opening up her heart and home for this special event to raise awareness and benefit amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects the nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. With this charity craft show, Cheryl honors the memory of her late husband Ernie Wallengren, who lost his battle with ALS in May 2003. “Gifts from the Heart” will feature a silent auction to benefit ALS, and a portion of the proceeds of the event will be donated to support the E.F. Wallengren Fund for ALS research.

In addition to the show’s contribution to ALS research, Joie Studio will donate $1 for each item sold at the show and on Joie Studio’s online shop on December 15th(http://joiestudio.etsy.com) to the ALS Association. Tina Pham of Joie Studio states, “ALS is a debilitating disease that hits close to home. My good friend lost his mother to ALS, and this little bit of ‘craftivism’ is a simple way for me and my studio to help raise awareness and funds for ALS research.” Joie Studio will bring a huge portion of the studio’s current letterpress collection to the Calabasas show, including items that are not available online. Among items available for purchase will be holiday cards, thank you cards, all-purpose cards, coasters, and stationery gift sets. Joie Studio will also be able to take special and custom orders at the event.

“Gifts from the Heart” will take place from 11:00am to 5:00pm at 23330 Park Hacienda, Calabasas, California. For further event information, please call Dani at 661-406-1464. To learn more about ALS, please see www.alsa.org.

1 comment:

Funky Finds said...

I had to blog about this on Funky Finds the minute I read about it on your blog. My Granny died of ALS, so I am happy to advertise any event benefiting research. Thank you for participating! Jessica

Related Posts with Thumbnails