Friday, June 6, 2008

Calligraphy & Illustration by Laura Hooper



In the old days, people hired calligraphers to create invitations for their formal events. Then calligraphers would write out every single invitation with beautiful lettering, swashes, flourishes, and swirls.

Today calligraphers are relegated to wedding envelopes, if that.

I think some of the most gorgeous wedding invitations are the ones where a calligrapher writes out an invitation, and then the calligraphic design is letterpress printed. So when I learned that the talented Laura Hooper of Laura Hooper Calligraphy was local, I gave her a call. We met yesterday at my office in Burbank, otherwise known as Starbucks. She's really down to earth, easy-going, but is looking for perfection in her product, which makes her perfect for brides and makes me feel more at ease with offering her services packaged with my own.

So I'm pleased to FINALLY be offering package pricing on custom calligraphy design AND envelope calligraphy. What's especially fun is that Laura can illustrate maps for your event. I'm redoing my website's wedding section right now, so email for the package pricing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails