Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Congratulations Constance and Russell!

Constance contacted me after I had already contracted three other custom letterpress projects for the weekend of October 9th-10th. When I remarked that it was a busy wedding weekend, she explained to me that she found this out as well because a lot of people wanted to marry on 10-10-10 and it was making the whole weekend busy. It was kind of a "duh" moment for me because I had some custom letterpress invitations (non-wedding) for that day and didn't make the connection.

I didn't know that Constance was Constance Zimmer from Entourage (she plays studio exec Dana Gordon) until my husband convinced me that really there weren't that many Constance Zimmers in the general Los Angeles area. And then it was kind of another "duh" moment. But I digress.

This custom letterpress invitation suite designed by Eliza Chaikin Kenan is so chic, incorporating navy blue ink and custom silhouettes. Constance's design called for the creation of a gatefold with her and her fiance's silhouette in front.
I especially love that the host of the wedding is Constance's 2 year old daughter Colette:
A picture of both the front and inside of the invitation, with the custom scoring that I made to turn the flat cardstock into a gatefold.
The front and back of the letterpress reply postcard. (Yes, I can letterpress print both sides of 110lb cardstock.) Notice that the return address is once again to Colette? So adorable:
Constance was so kind as to send me back an invitation suite so I could see the vintage stamps that she used:
More vintage stamps on the return postcard:
And the custom letterpress invitation suite all together so you can see the front and back of each piece.

Letterpress + navy blue + silhouette + vintage postage + personal wording = awesomely stylish letterpress invitations! As any letterpress printer will tell you, huge solid forms like that are hard to accomplish, especially with darker ink colors, but it came out beautifully.

Congratulations again to Constance and Russell, and happy belated birthday to the ever wonderful Ms. Zimmer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails